Kumeu hot rod show 2010 - with pics

Discussion on anything regarding riding in NZ or elsewhere. Places to see, riding etiquette, danger spots etc

Moderators: speedjunky, Hybrid, avai007

Kumeu hot rod show 2010 - with pics

Postby avai007 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:19 pm

What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than appreciating what America did in 50 odd years of cheap petrol and boundless iron. Hot rod shows are the place to find out how hot chips in a cup and hot dogs are supposed to be done, to find the optimum length of your mullet depending on your gender, age group and size of your bald patch, and compare skull/fire-belching exhaust pipe/bulldog tattoos. I love them.

A couple of mates who stayed all weekend staying sun safe while enjoying a couple of quiets at a picnic table at the show.

Hang on if that's just a picnic table then why does this guy need a jerrycan of petrol....?

And a rack and pinion assembly... with what looks suspiciously like the front ends of two scooters!

Mate, I'm not in the shade of the umbrella anymore, can you swing it around for us?

This carb was about the size we fit to 70cc scooters these days, and it is what Dodge Brothers in Detroit determined was the optimum size for their family car engines back in 1922. This car actually still runs too...

Some local wildlife

'Yeah I can really see myself in something like that' she thinks to herself

Hotline

No underseat storage. Useless
scootling is all good
avai007
Site Admin

Postby Spearfysh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 am

And that how it was.... all you need is an under cut Mullet and dodgy flame shirt with matching shorts....
Interesting stuff to look at tho, some of those cars have taken years and many thousands of dollars to get to show condition.
But like some of the girls there to, some were a bit rough ,full of dents and missing parts......
Spearfysh
vice-meister scooteriser

Return to General discussion on riding