Want to give racing a go.

Chat about tech or anything else related to scooter racing here

Moderator: RobFromThePartsDept

Want to give racing a go.

Postby matt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:48 am

Hi, I have a Apilia mx 50 supermotard which looks like a proper supermotard but only has 49cc engine and goes about the same speed as a 50cc scooter. I would like give scooter racing if possible. Does anyone know how to go about it?
matt
kickstarting

Postby Hybrid » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:04 am

They race scooters around the Mt Wellington go cart race track. I'm sure of the dates, but there is normally a practice day on the Sat and then racing on the Sunday. There isn't enough 50cc scoots at the moment to have there own class so you have to race with all the scooters, most of which are 'race only' 150cc+ scooters. But its still pretty fun :)

There is often small CC motorcycle racing on the same day. Its a good fun day.
Hybrid
If I'm not posting I'm scootling

Postby matt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:15 am

Thanks for your quick reply. I think I'll just turn up the next time one is on and have a look. If anyone knows when the next race day or practice is on can you let me know. Cheers.
matt
kickstarting

racing this weekend the 14th and 15th

Postby scooterzoid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 pm

practice day is on saturday from 9 onwards this is the best day to have a go ,you must have safety gear ie:jacket with elbow and back protection ,gloves and pants with knee protection, you will probly race in the 50cc bucket class with buckets and pit bikes on sunday but saturday is relaxed and we all practice together i race a scooter i use to have a streetmagic and the scooter guys really do only want step thru`s when it comes to points racing but they might be ok! the last street magic style bike which is similer to yours raced with buckets . just get down anyway its heaps of fun look out for my blue wrx sw and say high
scooterzoid
idling along

Postby matt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi, thanks for filling me in on the details. Unfortunately I just checked my messages (late Sunday) so missed out on the fun this weekend. Bugger. However I am keen as to get there next time. Is it on every month?
matt
kickstarting

Return to Scooter Racing