Bag hook GPS mount

Info on board status including lock-down for upgrade

Moderator: speedjunky

Bag hook GPS mount

Postby motorcycler » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:56 pm

This is how I made a GPS mount for my SYM Citycom. This may help others with scoots with a bag hook. I mounted half of a GPS mount to the bag hook of my scoot.

these are the parts:1.) half of the GPS mount2.) two home made rubber washers for friction between the GPS mount and the U-bracket.3.) two washers to go under U-bracket4.) home made U-bracket5.) bolt to screw GPS mount to U-bracket

this is how the U-bracket mount with the two washers underneath. I used the factory bolt to do it.

everything mounted with the mount in the everyday ride "out of the way" position

GPS mounted with a hair band (what ladies use to make a pony tail in their hair) for safety.

The bracket is spray painted black and looks professional IMHO. This way you can still use the bag hook and it is not in the way getting on or off. The GPS runs off the Aux power outlet. I put the GPS in a plastic Ziplock bag if it rains to keep it dry.happy Citycoming.....until next time.
2008 Eagle Milano 150
2009 Honda Rebel 250
motorcycler
idling along

Re: Bag hook GPS mount

Postby ae86guy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm

please join hondaspree.net and post some of these right ups there .sorry scootling but hondaspree is a far more active forum than this one .Many people could benifit from your right ups there
niftyfifty
AF18ZX
Polini Corsa 72cc
Malossi full circle crank
Rare Scorpionpipe
Portedcase
CT intake 24mm oko
Disk brake swap
Top speed 115kmh(so far)
still needs lots of tuning
ae86guy
If I'm not posting I'm scootling

Re: Bag hook GPS mount

Postby ae86guy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm

please join hondaspree.net and post some of these right ups there .sorry scootling but hondaspree is a far more active forum than this one .Many people could benifit from your right ups there
niftyfifty
AF18ZX
Polini Corsa 72cc
Malossi full circle crank
Rare Scorpionpipe
Portedcase
CT intake 24mm oko
Disk brake swap
Top speed 115kmh(so far)
still needs lots of tuning
ae86guy
If I'm not posting I'm scootling