any rules about riding with a dog?

Discussion on anything regarding riding in NZ or elsewhere. Places to see, riding etiquette, danger spots etc

Moderators: Hybrid, avai007, RobFromThePartsDept

any rules about riding with a dog?

Postby misstgrl » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:27 am

does anyone know whether its legal to ride a scooter with a small dog as a passenger? any rules to do with that kind of thing?
thank you.
misstgrl
kickstarting

Postby 7kiwi11 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:51 pm

I've never seen or read that it is illegal. I have seen several dogs around town. One in a crate on the back, one standing in the footwell and a couple carried in special dog backpacks.
I would love to ride with my dog but I couldn't ever forgive myself if he was injured or killed in a crash.
7kiwi11
kickstarting

riding with a dog

Postby scootersrme » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:18 pm

I myself used to take my dog for rides daily, & she loved it.

unfortunately, the police saw me once & chased me up my parents driveway.
they tried to say that it was illegal, but i reminded them of the guy that used to take his cat on his motorcycle, (was on the news)

their reply was that "he is dead", yeah well i saw that on the news too, & he & cat were taken out by a drunk driver.

that shut them up.

i put her inside my jacket, zipped half way up, she sat on my lap with her wee head sticking out (a small foxy cross, i have a pic somewhere)

I thought it was safe because, if i was to have an accident, she wouldn't be another obstacle to be hit, she would be with me, inside my jacket & therefore safer. (or so common sense told me)
scootersrme
Level 3 scooteriser

Postby b00 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:49 am

Ahhh don't try it.

I did and ended up running her over. Low speed but she still yelped. Though she is far to big for the scooter her tail hangs off the side. :shock:
b00
idling along

Return to General discussion on riding