Riding a scooter in bus lanes

Discussion on anything regarding riding in NZ or elsewhere. Places to see, riding etiquette, danger spots etc

Moderators: Hybrid, avai007, RobFromThePartsDept

Postby spinnanz2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:56 am

the rules are that bike, motorbikes and mopeds can all use a bus lane UNLESS there is a sign that excludes them, ie a sign says "bus lane-no motorbikes". A sign that says only "bus lane" does not exclude bikes, motorbikes or mopeds, so all of them are able to use the lane.
Yamaha RD50 70kph
Honda Lead 80 80kph
Honda Beat FC50 60kph
Suzuki SJ125 115kph
Suzuki FX125 130kph
Gilera DNA180 120kph
spinnanz2
Level 3 scooteriser

Postby ae86guy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Good to know thanks
niftyfifty
AF18ZX
Polini Corsa 72cc
Malossi full circle crank
Rare Scorpionpipe
Portedcase
CT intake 24mm oko
Disk brake swap
Top speed 115kmh(so far)
still needs lots of tuning
ae86guy
If I'm not posting I'm scootling

Re: Weird laws

Postby ScootaBoi » Tue May 15, 2012 8:04 am

[quote="slowlegs"]And you think those laws are weird. I have a disability and have been looking at a Honda Gyro or a PGO TR3 as they are both trikes. I have also looked at a Danson or Tow Pac conversion for a larger scooter. They put two outrigger wheels on a scooter. Thing is, it is taking a while to find out whether this will turn the scooter into a trike or a car. If it ends up being a car it will probably require seat belts, front impact protection, etc and won't comply. If it becomes a trike the engine will be too big for me to get my license on as the one I want (for the burgman) is only available on the 400cc plus bikes.

Check this type of trike out, (Link Below)I doubt there'd be any here in NZ, but they look like they'd suit your purpose! (I'd love one for cruising around coastal towns like Napier etc) Does anyone import this sort of thing?
http://www.gekgo.com/suntrike-gas-scooter-trike.html
8)
ScootaBoi
Level 3 scooteriser

Previous

Return to General discussion on riding