First timer advice on cruising

Discussion on anything regarding riding in NZ or elsewhere. Places to see, riding etiquette, danger spots etc

Moderators: Hybrid, avai007, RobFromThePartsDept

First timer advice on cruising

Postby justjay » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Im a first time scooterer (2/s 50cc VMoto Milan). Loving it so far for getting to and from work. But in order to do 50km I am revving the heck out of the motor, every instinct in me wants to change gear, which I cant do :D

So my question is, is it OK to cruise along ringing the legs off a scooter, or should I spend most of my time cruising along at 40k or so?
justjay
kickstarting

Postby Hybrid » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 pm

I used to sit at wide open throttle everywhere I went, and nothing ever seemed to come from it.

I don't now, as my scoot is too fast now :twisted: :twisted:
Hybrid
If I'm not posting I'm scootling

Postby justjay » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am

Haha, thanks!
justjay
kickstarting

Postby Spearfysh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:11 pm

I have done over 10,000kms on mine (jog) and pretty much had the throttle pinned open the whole time even on 250+ km trips.
I have just taken the barrel off and its still mint so are the rings and piston, just the usual bit of carbon etc so I'm confident the bearings on the other end will go as long again.
If you use good oil and keep them serviced they are reliable little engines.
Spearfysh
vice-meister scooteriser

Postby justjay » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

On that oil, whats a good oil. I toyed with buying the racing oil but that was pricey, so I went for the "standard" moterbike 2s oil - castrol activ. Didnt see anything in between that and the racing stuff.
justjay
kickstarting

Return to General discussion on riding