Honda Gyro Up Scooters

General discussion on culture, accessories styling and anything non tech.

Moderators: RobFromThePartsDept, Hybrid, avai007

Honda Gyro Up Scooters

Postby Sifu » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi guys,

This is probably the wrong section to post this message in but as this is such a small forum I thought it might be ok to post it here as not much people go to the trade forum.

Anyways Im looking for a Honda Gyro Up scooter if anyone has one for sale, preferably in the Auckland region. I know Im making my chance very slim here but I would prefer one with a Canopy if possible and also a rear box.

There is one on trademe at the moment but after speaking to the seller he has informed me that there is a bit of a problem with that thing and unless I know how to fix it up it might not be worth it.

I went to japan last year and saw these scooters and just fell in love with them! Would love to get my hands on one!

Anyone know where to get some nice goodies for them aswell?

Many thanks in advance!
Sifu
idling along

Postby JetBoy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi,
Taken me a while to get around to registering, if youre still looking, here goes...

If U can visit Scootling or just ask, they have a Gyro in the showroom last time I was in.

I have seen some on trademe in the past, but now the rego law changed in 2011 you need to be sure what you want. The modern Gyro gets classified as a M/cycle according to LTSA they have a special bulletin for it.
Disregard the fact their own laws dont permit a motorcycle to have 3 wheels unless it has a sidecar (which by definition the Gyro is not). And you cant do them as a moped any more because of the entry certification.

So if you find one its best to get an existing registered moped (even if its a total wreck, not likely) and do what you like.

The way the law behaves with a model which was expressly made as a moped (according to Honda JP and Wikipedia) and should be able to be enjoyed as a low speed econo means of getting about is just nuts.

Effectively it pushes those wannabe safe people to buying the fast lane of pseudo scoots like Bergman, NS50R etc where they are going to get hurt.

sorry for the rant
JetBoy
kickstarting

Postby ae86guy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:05 am

i can get gyro big bore kits and aftermarket chamber pipes for ta01 and ta02 gyros if anyone is keen just pm me
niftyfifty
AF18ZX
Polini Corsa 72cc
Malossi full circle crank
Rare Scorpionpipe
Portedcase
CT intake 24mm oko
Disk brake swap
Top speed 115kmh(so far)
still needs lots of tuning
ae86guy
If I'm not posting I'm scootling