Advice, please - price for 2006 Daelim Cordi?

scooters from other makers (not Italian or Japanese) tech or other discussion

Moderator: RobFromThePartsDept

Advice, please - price for 2006 Daelim Cordi?

Postby Karlyg » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi all

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in - I hope my choice is acceptable. I am wanting to sell my 50cc Daelim Cordi scooter (2006, done approx 5000 kms) to a friend, but have no idea what to charge him for it - I don't want to be ripped off, but I also don't want to rip him off. The scooter itself is in good nick - a couple of minor scratches but nothing that will rust etc.

I was hoping that some of the more experienced riders out there would be able to give me an idea. I looked on trademe for similar bikes, and prices ranged from $900 to $1400... but trademe is notoriously unreliable - people could be too pessimistic or too optimistic...

I hope you can help me.
Karlyg
kickstarting

One opinion...

Postby Bluesmoke » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:01 am

Hi,
5000 kilometres and three years of use is middle-aged for a (especially two-stroke) 50cc scooter. They lose their market value steadily, because they wear out steadily, even if still looking tidy. At that mileage and age, tyres, transmission belt, and shock absorbers will need replacing before long.
That will cost the next owner several hundred dollars.

For a machine which retails at $1995 new now, I suggest asking $890 in Auckland or Wellington (where numbers and choice keep prices in bit lower), or $990 if in a smaller centre, where there is less choice available on the used market.

If red colour, ask $10 more! :wink:
Bluesmoke
kickstarting

Return to Other scooter discussion