Chinese Scooter

scooters from other makers (not Italian or Japanese) tech or other discussion

Moderator: RobFromThePartsDept

Chinese Scooter

Postby rag_angelo » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Hey all,

I just got myself a second hand Chinses scooter. its a Benzhou YY50QT with a BZ139QMB engine..
I have a couple of things to ask:

Its a second hand scooter, and when I got it, it goes ok but when I apply full throttle, it jerks a bit and feels hesitant. Why do you think its doing this? When cold, it can only go 30-35 km/h max, but when warm, it gets 45 km/h max.

Which gets me to my next question... What derestrictions do you think I should go for?..I've read a bit on rollers, cotra springs, carb jets the CDI limiter etc.. From riders with similar scooters, what derestictions have you found useful to do? :D

Thanks
rag_angelo
kickstarting

Postby Hybrid » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:18 am

I'd sell it and buy a better scooter, many of those crazy, 'no ones every heard of' scooters will not last very long, and when something breaks, you'll never be able to get any parts for it.
If you're keen to mod a scooter to get a bit more speed - mod one that's going to last a while.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. I am trying to be helpful and that is my honest opinion.
Hybrid
If I'm not posting I'm scootling

Re: Chinese Scooter

Postby ThndrBrd » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:09 am

rag_angelo wrote:Hey all,

I just got myself a second hand Chinses scooter. its a Benzhou YY50QT with a BZ139QMB engine..
I have a couple of things to ask:

Its a second hand scooter, and when I got it, it goes ok but when I apply full throttle, it jerks a bit and feels hesitant. Why do you think its doing this? When cold, it can only go 30-35 km/h max, but when warm, it gets 45 km/h max.

Which gets me to my next question... What derestrictions do you think I should go for?..I've read a bit on rollers, cotra springs, carb jets the CDI limiter etc.. From riders with similar scooters, what derestictions have you found useful to do? :D

Thanks

Same scooter as I have just bought with same engine.
Mine is going ok so far(had it a week)...now I am hearing horror stories about them so I have everything crossed that it will last a while.
Hope yours does too
Scooters are good
ThndrBrd
kickstarting

Return to Other scooter discussion