Kymco Like 50

scooters from other makers (not Italian or Japanese) tech or other discussion

Moderator: RobFromThePartsDept

Kymco Like 50

Postby mihilli » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi, looking at a few different scooters.

I'm 6' and about 95 kgs, want something comfortable with good leg room. Storage would be nice as well as I will be using it to commute to work.

Also, I'm in Christchurch so the roads are not in great shape and won't be for some time, so bigger tires and decent suspension would be useful.

And finally, I want something reliable.

The Kymco Like is pretty cool looking, great storage, has 12" tires and seems to be getting decent reviews.

The new Adley GTC (stocked by our hosts) sounds like an option as well although it doesn't seem to have much storage.

I'm also going to check out a Yamaha Jog next week, which is highly regarded but only has 10" tires.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
mihilli
kickstarting

Re: Kymco Like 50

Postby avai007 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm

mihilli wrote:Hi, looking at a few different scooters.

I'm 6' and about 95 kgs, want something comfortable with good leg room. Storage would be nice as well as I will be using it to commute to work.

Also, I'm in Christchurch so the roads are not in great shape and won't be for some time, so bigger tires and decent suspension would be useful.

And finally, I want something reliable.

The Kymco Like is pretty cool looking, great storage, has 12" tires and seems to be getting decent reviews.

The new Adley GTC (stocked by our hosts) sounds like an option as well although it doesn't seem to have much storage.

I'm also going to check out a Yamaha Jog next week, which is highly regarded but only has 10" tires.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

All 3 of these are made in Taiwan and are put together well.

Kymcos are generally heavy. Adly GTC and Jog have same acceleration, both top speed limited but the GTC is cheaper to derestrict. Normal full face helmet-sized space under the seat of the GTC, not sure about Kymco's storage
scootling is all good
avai007
Site Admin

Return to Other scooter discussion