Vmoto quality vs TGB vs Kymco

scooters from other makers (not Italian or Japanese) tech or other discussion

Moderator: RobFromThePartsDept

Vmoto quality vs TGB vs Kymco

Postby flynnmac » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi all!
Just joined. I'm looking for some information about Vmoto ive heard that they are a low quality Chinese scooter and are just in general bad, but ive also heard good things. Im looking at a vmoto Monza, as im 6" 3 and 107 kilos and apparently these are more suited for bigger people. Is it true vmoto is a low quality brand? Are they worse than other scooters at their price range? I'm also looking at a TGB 101s and a Kymco Vibe, would these be better options? Which has the highest top speed? Build quality? Parts support? I would like a scooter with a bit of pep but 50cc is my limit. Any information you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
8)
flynnmac
kickstarting

Postby avai007 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:47 pm

I am biased :) but the Adly Silver Fox that we sell is incredibly reliable and features 13 inch wheels, 130 wide which gives the most grip of any 50cc out there. A very good consideration in the 50cc range. Here's the trademe listing with a few pics and details:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =304906267

We don't sell the other three models you have mentioned, but we have been asked to sell two of those 3, and declined...
scootling is all good
avai007
Site Admin

yo

Postby gonor3a » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:38 pm

hello,

i just got a monza.

i was riding a milan before that and found it pretty good, before someone trashed it.

build quality wise there are a few things that are not so great. One is the floor mat, mine wasn't correctly put on and i broke off a couple of nodes pushing it in. my alarm played up, but that was easily fixed with a battery disconnect.

overall, the body of the bike seems good. everything else is in order. it's more comfortable to ride than the milan in that suspension works well.

speed wise, the bikes top end is about 60km on the flat, little bit faster downhill.

uphill on moderate gradient, doesn't loose to much speed, but on bond street, speed does drop off to about 40-45 kph. I'm thinking about tweeking the variator, and chucking a sports exhaust on and modifying the roller weights, this should sort that problem.

overall, pretty happy with the bike. The vmoto people are pretty nice to deal with, servicing might be better at scootling.

i believe parts aren't too expensive for the monza. think they have an online store so you can check that out.

might be a good idea to go in and test ride a bike, best way to know if you like it or not.
gonor3a
kickstarting

here's a monza review... i scoured for ages to find this one

Postby gonor3a » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:17 pm

gonor3a
kickstarting

Postby icebreaker » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi, my opinion is choose one of the Taiwanese models. They are much better quality and far more reliable than anything made in China, and yes the vmotos are rebadged generic Chinese scooters.
The Kymco Vibe is definately the fastest of this bunch, can easliy exceed 70kp/h on the flat if derestricted (parts come with the scoot) and good up hills too. You wont need to 'tweek' the variator or spend money on on a sports exhaust etc. Tyres are 130/12 rear and 120/12 front and the handling is a stand out feature. The VIBE is sold through out Europe and USA as a Kymco ZX50. Vibe is also a good choice for someone 6'3" even room for you to take a pillion.
The advise to take a test ride is sound, then you will know which one suits you best.

Cheers
icebreaker
kickstarting

Return to Other scooter discussion