17 & 18th march

Chat about tech or anything else related to scooter racing here

Moderator: RobFromThePartsDept

17 & 18th march

Postby Grooverider81 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Hey Andreas, how'd you get on racing over the weekend? I came down early sun morning but had to leave to go to work! Did it all get rained out?
No-one's gunna thank you for not fasting it!
Grooverider81
Level 3 scooteriser

Postby avai007 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:59 am

Hey Jeff

track was like an ice rink for the second points race, unbelievably slippery. I would guess over half the field crashed at least once :lol:

I had the front let go 3 times (didn't come off tho) and the rear all over the place when getting on the power out of corners.. funnily I did better in that race than in the dry one.
scootling is all good
avai007
Site Admin

racin

Postby scooterbuzz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:14 pm

I went out and watched from the sidelines on sunday, you guys rock.....
as you say most of you fell off in the drizzle, but all managed to get up and brush off your leathers and carry on. looked really cool, are there times when one can go out on any 50cc just to practice learning riding skills on the track ? i would be interested just to try out the track but not to race at this stage.
cheers :lol:
It's not the born & died dates that are important on your headstone, it is the size of the DASH in between that means the most. GO HARD.
scooterbuzz
Level 3 scooteriser

Postby avai007 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:49 pm

yes, usually its open practice for scooters on sat, and racing on sunday. saturday is low format, no pressure at all. need the same protective gear (see other posts) and just tape up your lights and remove mirrors. I'm not sure when the next practice at Mt Wellington is, because the next racing days are actually at Taumarunui.
scootling is all good
avai007
Site Admin

Return to Scooter Racing